Candy Cane


I wish I took some pictures as I went along but I wanted to share with you something that I made a couple of weeks ago for a decoration outside this year.  This was a two-hour project.

In October, I bought to rolls of mesh ribbon.  One was white and the other red.  I can't visualize what I intended but I think I planned to use it above the windows . . . somewhere.  Perhaps on a wreath but I doubt that due to the size of my wreaths.  Due to the colors of the mesh, it seemed logical to make a candy cane.  I went to the store and bought some green ribbon for a bow, which I think needs to be a little lower on the candy cane but it will do for this year.

We had left over chicken wire from a science fair project last year.  I rolled it to make a cylinder shape, securing it with zip ties and then shaped it for a candy cane.  The hook of the cane wouldn't stay bent so I used some wire (silver floral wire) to connect the base of the hook to the side.  You can't even see it in the picture.  I then gathered the mesh every 10-12 inches and wrapped it with some wire and attached it to the base.  I used 21 ft. of red and 21 ft. of white mesh ribbon.

It looks nice with the sun on it because there is a shine/sparkle to the mesh so it glistens in the light.
post signature

Pin It

Comments

  1. However, in all of the discussion on this topic, one subject is usually overlooked.
    The precise assortment of hrs might be distinctive basically by neighborhood laws and regulations and
    the studying institution. Whether your goal is weight loss, fitness, overall good health,
    or proper nutrition, the modern physical therapist is qualified to conduct an overall health evaluation so they can customize a program that
    is appropriate for your current health status.
    my page: fish oil depression

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament