Trek Quilts

Several months ago I started working on the top quilt.  Things were pretty busy around here and it took me about 2 months to complete.  Both quilts are a Missouri Star quilt.  I can't think of the name of the second quilt right now.  The top one has a video tutorial HERE.  It is called Pinwheels on Point with Fence Rail.
The center block on this "orange" quilt is from the Moda Modern Building Blocks quilt.  The block is 36" finished.  I had started the top one before I was told that the quilts should incorporate the color assigned to the trek family.  The top family had beige so I used a beige inner border to use their color.  For the orange family I was able to use it as a focus on the main block and throughout 90% of the blocks on the quilt.
Both quilts measure 105.5" x 105.5".  Trying to keep costs down on these quilts I used scrap fabric and I bought over-sized flat king sheets for $15 each for the backing.  

I'm not a scrappy quilter but I do like how these turned out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament