Auction

The YW had an auction to raise money for girls camp.  They did quite well raising more than they needed.  We were very surprised when a cake the girls did sold for $150.  It was the last thing auctioned off and several times during the auction my daughter commented she wanted it to be auctioned because she was curious what it would go for.  She decided it was saved for last because they expected it to go for good money.
I made a small throw for the auction.  The pattern rated it as a throw, I consider it a quilt best for a toddler or preschooler.  It measured 41x49.  I was very grateful that it was small because I cut the fabric on Monday and was turning it in for the auction 4 days later.
I used leftover strips from the front on the back to add some color.
The girls also made a batch of homemade brownies to auction off.  The other cake that was made stuck to the bundt pan on top and it wasn't pretty but we sure enjoyed eating it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament