More details on the Poinsettia Box

I really appreciated all of the comments I got from the blog hop and through e-mail.  I wish I had the time to for a tutorial but time is something I lack.  Someone could get rich if they could bottle time and sell it because so many are looking for more of it.  

I've had quite a few e-mails with questions on various aspects of the box and I've been responding to them as they come in.  I thought I would post some of the answers here in case anyone else is trying to make it.  

Question:  How did you cut the DP for the box?
Answer:  I'm sure there is an easier way than what I did but this is what I did.  I cut a petal cone on scrap paper and cut at the score line and then proceeded to cut the other edges so I was left with one panel.  I then cut off from each side 1/8".  I used that as a template.

Question:  When I stamp the leaf you said you used on the poinsettia, it doesn't cover the petal.  What did you do?
Answer:  I stamped the outer edge of the petals first and then I made a couple of masks and used them to stamp the center and prevent the image from overlapping on a previously stamped leaf.  However, I think it really isn't necessary to stamp the center.  I only have one petal that shows two different stamped leaves and that could easily be covered with another "petal" from the light bulb.

Question:  I think I have the size right on the box, but doesn't close completely on the bottom.  Did yours?
Answer:  I punched two 2-1/2" circles to conceal the opening from the bottom of the box and inside the box.

Question:  What measurements did you use for the box?
Answer:  I scored at 2-3/4" and cut off the bottom 1-1/2"
post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament