VC Rocks Challenges

There is this fun group that I'm a part of that runs for several months out of the year.  They (VC Rocks) just started up again a couple of weeks ago.  There are daily challenges, some of which I anticipate and get a head start on (i.e., clean up your stamp area, re-ink your pads, get adhesive, etc.)  In all the years I've been a part of the group, I never get the challenges completed.  It looks like I just may make it this year.  I say that only because I have made it a week now.

Here's the deal with this card.  One challenge was to pick 3 colors, cut the cardstock in half and fold.  One has a stamped background, one a stamped border and one has a cut border.  Another challenge we had to pick 5 pieces of scrap cardstock and an embellishment for each scrap.  Saturday we had to use the cut border cardstock, with 2 of the colored scraps/embellishments we chose and make a birthday card.  Overall, I think it turned out okay.   I really like turquoise and razzleberry together.

Stamps:  Apothecary Art
CS:  Pear Pizzazz, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, WW
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise
Misc.:  Pear Pizzazz pleated ribbon, rhinestone jewels. edgelits, adorning accents, textured impressions embossing folders adorning accents

As a side note, I was delightfully surprised with the edgelits and the embossing folders.  I had read that they were challenging and shifted but I think it went well.  Knowing that they shift, I kept the pressure on the area.
post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament