Easter Doings

We had an activity at church yesterday that took the kids simply through the life of Christ.  There were 9 stops along the way, 8 of which had a handout.  Amazingly, I never took a picture of the handouts, which I am surprised by since I spent at least 30 hours on them.  We planned for 110 people between kids, teachers, presenters and a handful of parents.

I wanted to make something to thank the presenters for their help in the activity because they made it a success.  I wanted more than a simple ribbon and tag but at 2 AM, you just come to grips and settle.

Stamps:  Well-Scripted
CS:  Baja Breeze, Cherry Cobbler, WW, Digital Twitterpated
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler
Misc.: 1-3/4" and 1-1/2" circle, flower punch, pearls, Baja Breeze seam binding, linen thread, Jumbo scallop punch (sorry for not looking up exact names on punches)

I saw these cute chocolate dipped Peep bunnies and pinned it on Pinterest.  At a meeting Tuesday, they decided they wanted to have a refreshment.  I mentioned these treats and gave them a go along with the donut bunny at the bottom.  I'll go into why I thought this was better than the donut bunny in a bit.
So, 5 colors, 102 bunnies later.  I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of the Peeps, well marshmallows in general, but these weren't too bad.  Super sweet though.
The white ones were my favorite.  Thanks to my one of my daughters, I have pictures because she was kind enough to take some for me to share.
I was looking for something on my computer and found a picture I had saved of S'more bunnies.  A perfect little treat to give all the teachers and leaders that help with the kids at church.  I made 32 of these last night. I have to say, I under estimated the time it would take to assemble these.  I even entertained doing them this morning so the crackers would be nice and crisp.  So glad I went ahead thinking 12 hours isn't going to hurt.  It took me several hours start to finish.  I have to say, I had a couple left over and we tried them.  Oh my they are gooey and yummy!
This donut bunny is super cute, quick and easy to make.  The only reason not to use it is the use of toothpicks to hold the ears on and well, some of the kids would be jabbing their friends with them or the little ones (3 yr. olds) may not expect a toothpick and bite into it.  I bought those stacker marshmallows for a camping trip over spring break.  I ended up getting another bag for the ears on the bunny. 

If you made it through all of my jumping around, you are awesome!  Happy Easter.
post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament