Apple with Caramel Cream Cheese Dip

I found this gem of an idea on Pinterest and thought it would be a perfect little thank you for all of the teachers and leaders that work with the kids in Primary at church.  I included Scout leaders and Activity Day Leaders, which meant that I needed 36. I set out on a hunt for these cute, little 4 oz. jars.  A couple of months ago I saw a lot of them but now it was hard to find it.  After several unsuccessful trips, I ended up going 30 minutes away to another store that showed they had enough cases in stock.  Super easy to make and well received.

For 8 jars, you will need:
     1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
     10 pkgs. (2 oz. ea.) caramel dipping sauce
     2 Skor bars or a bag of Heath toffee bits
     8 apples
     8 (1/2C or 4 oz.) Mason or Ball jars

Mix the cream cheese with 2 of the dips.  Divide it between the 8 jars.  Clean the rim after it you smoosh it down and smooth it.  Spread 1 pkg. of the caramel dip on the cream cheese layer in each jar.  Top with crushed Skor or toffee bits.  Put the lid on, add an apple and put it in a cellophane bag.  Tie it with a ribbon or raffia and you have a nice little gift.

I used my handy dandy medium-sized cookie scoop from Pampered Chef for the cream cheese.  I don't know that it is really called that but it worked beautifully for dividing out the cream cheese mixture evenly by rounding the scoop.  You essentially want half of the jar (below the rim) filled with cream cheese.  It took me a few tries to get it right but I made enough for 40 jars so my family could snack a little while I was preparing this.
post signature
Pin It

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament