Bullsnake

I came home today to find a snake next to my door.  To get to my door you have to go through an wrought iron door.  This door is another story but I want to stick to the snake.  As I was headed to the door I noticed the snake to the right in the corner.  I may have let out a scream.  I yelled for my son.  He came opened the door and the dog ran out.  Mind you, at this time I didn't know what type of snake this was, just that it was BIG.  The snake was still there and it started to move forward a little.  I yelled to my son about the snake being there and to shut the door.  I didn't want it in the house.  The dog ran out to greet me.  Mind you, our dog is small.  As in she weighs all of 9-1/2 lbs.  The cat is bigger than this dog.  All I could think is this snake would be scared and bite her or eat her.

My son is finding my reaction hysterically funny and telling me to get in the house.  I went in and set all of my things down.  By now all of the kids are at the door.  Then I'm yelling, "Wait!  I need to get a picture!"  Out comes the phone and I'm out the door for the picture.  My son doesn't understand how I can be scared one minute and wanting a picture the next.  I needed proof that this happened.

My husband is just a little jealous that he wasn't here to see it.  It was over 4 feet long . . . no exaggeration!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament