Hopi Basket

I started this quilt April 5th and finished it July 31st. 

I started with cutting the fabric and on April 7th I had the circle done, minus the very center that just needed two circles cut for it. 

It sat for 11 weeks before I had time to work on it more.  I spent most of the day into the wee hours of the morning cutting the fabric for the backing and sewing the strips together.  It was crazy to think that these simple strips took 12+ hours of pressing, cutting, sewing pressing, sewing, pressing . . .

It sat a few more weeks before braved attaching the circle to the background.  That part seemed a little intimidating to me.  One part of me wishes I attached it so the lines pointed to the corners and another part of me is glad it is the way it is and slightly offset.

A little more sitting and waiting before I got it layered, quilted and bound.  I stitched in the ditch so that I would detract from the circle. 

This is 48" x 48".  I love seeing it on our wall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament