Baby Shower

So, it's no surprise that this is the only picture from the baby shower, right?  Yep.  Once again, I didn't give a thought to the camera, but hey, you can see a couple of hot air balloon paper lanterns and balloons so that counts.  This isn't even everyone that came, just who was left when the thought came to take a picture.
We went with a hot air balloon theme for the baby shower.  I ordered some paper lanterns from Amazon.  I made a hot air balloon centerpiece with a small basket, round paper lantern, dowels and ribbon.  I never did find a bear small enough to fit in the basket of the centerpiece.  I ended up filling it with clear marbles.

When guests arrived we had a scale to weigh their purse.  The heaviest ended up winning a prize.  We also played an emoji baby phrases game that I bought off of Etsy.  I was originally going to do the children's books game but that seemed too easy with the emojis.  Another game was everyone held a paper plate on their head and drew a baby.  The mom-to-be picked a winner.  The last game was everyone got a blank bingo card and wrote "diapers" in the center.  The other spaces were filled with gifts they thought she would receive.

For food we had chicken salad on croissants, fruit trays, caprese salad, cheese and crackers, cheesecake squares, cream puffs, and cake. 

My husband picked up the balloons and cake while I was cutting up fruit and tending to little details.  He ended up having to go back for the cake a second time.  The person at the bakery dropped the cake and had to make another one.  Bonus was we got it for half price. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament