Dashing Deer

I totally CASEd this from one of the Artisan team members.  There are a lot of details which make it a nice card.  I also like cards that use the designer paper since I tend to get it but rarely use it.  I had to re-stamp my deer for the die because I huff some air onto my acrylic block before putting on a stamp to help it stick a little better.  Well, I huffed too much and stamp slid around the first time or two of inking up and stamping.  The image wasn't lining up with the die well at all.  They lined up better the next time.

Stamp Set:  Dashing Deer
CS:  Cherry Cobbler (8-1/2" x 5-1/2"), VV (4" x 5-1/4"), Mossy Meadow (3-1/4" x 4"), Festive Farmhouse DP (3-1/2" x 4-1/4"), Wood Textures DP (3/4" x 7/8")
Ink:  Mossy Meadow, Cherry Cobbler
Dies:  Detailed Deer thinlit, Stitched Shapes framelit
EF:  Tin Tile Dynamic
Misc.:  Pearls, Linen Thread, Frost White shimmer paint, dauber

On the very vanilla, you will want to stamp the small flower image with Cherry Cobbler ink.

I ran the Mossy Meadow through the Big Shot in the Tin Tile EF and then used a sponge dauber with the frost white shimmer paint.  I used the bone folder to curl up opposite corners and break down the cardstock so the paper would separate easier.

For the Stitched Shapes framelit, I didn't use the largest circle but the next size down for both circle shapes.

I made my own tag with the wood DP and trimmed the sides so they angled in.

The flower I originally stamped first and tried to use the die to cut it.  That didn't go well since you couldn't see the stamped imaged when cutting.  I cut the flowers out of VV and then stamped.  I should have used a stamp-a-ma-jig or the stamp apparatus for placement.  Just didn't think about it and I'm okay with how the stamped flower is on the cut flower.

I made 6 of these cards with varying sizes of pearls.  I have 3 sheets of pearls left over with really small pearls or the largest.  I used some of them up on these cards.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament