Calzone Pinwheels


This month I had to bring an appetizer to my dinner group. I'm not very good with appetizers since I rarely have need of them. This is a recipe from Simple & Delicious that I had clipped to try later. It went over well with the ladies I had dinner with and with my kids. I wasn't sure the pickiest eater would like it and while she didn't try it the night I made them, she had it the next day and did like it. That was a huge WOW!!

Calzone Pinwheels

1/2C ricotta cheese
1t Italian seasoning
1/4t salt
1/2C shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2C diced pepperoni
1/4C grated Parmesan cheese
1/4C chopped fresh mushrooms
1/4C finely chopped green pepper
2T finely chopped onion
1 pkg. (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 jar (14 oz.) pizza sauce, warmed

In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, Italian seasoning and salt. Stir in the mozzarella, pepperoni, Parmesan, mushrooms, green pepper and onion. Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations.

Spread cheese mixture over each rectangle to within 1/4" of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each into four slices.

Place cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with pizza sauce. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 appetizers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament