Sweet & Sour Meatballs

I'm still unpacking after a week of having our things delivered. I've decided I must have a couple of kitchen boxes in the garage because I still don't have my knives (and other items) and I've unpacked all of my kitchen boxes. I don't want to work on the boxes in the garage until I'm done in the house with everything in its place.

I've been all about easy meals for a while and this is no exception. I used to make the meatballs for this recipe and then life got busy and I bought frozen meatballs. I haven't made them again just because of the convenience.

Sweet & Sour Meatballs

1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks
1/3C water
3T vinegar
1T soy sauce
1/2C brown sugar
3T cornstarch
1 batch (30) meatballs
1 lg. green pepper, cut into 1" pieces
Hot rice

Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add water to juice to measure 1C; pour into a large skillet. Add water, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch; stir until smooth. Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly. Add pineapple, meatballs and green pepper. Simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice.

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament