Chocolate Dipped Strawberry

Recently, there was a blog hop.  Life has been pretty crazy lately so I frequently skip blog hops right now but I looked this time.  I was looking for a small thank you for teachers and leaders at church.  I ended up making 32 match boxes for them.  However, finishing in the wee hours of the morning and needing to get a little over an hour of sleep before I had to be up for church, I skipped the picture of that project.  I digress . . .

I came across this sweet little package on Lisa Young's blog and knew I had to make it.  I made a few to hand out at a meeting I had on Valentine's Day and my son liked it so much that he wanted one to give his girlfriend.

A couple of tips:

Cut 3 pieces of real red and chocolate chip using the petal cone die.  On one piece, cut off the panel without the tab.  When they are connected, you should have 5 panels instead of 6.

When you are embossing the real red cardstock for the strawberry, be sure you always do the same side (the tab of the petal cone die is facing the same direction each time).  I stopped paying attention and then I did one the wrong way so I had to re-do it.

Punch a hole at the top of each panel for the ribbon.  Weave the ribbon so it is at opposite ends when you go to tie it.  I cut about 1/2" to 3/4" on the fold of each panel to help it join together at the top when tying it up.

Stamps:  P.S. I Love You
CS:  Pear Pizzazz, WW, Real Red, Chocolate Chip
Ink:  Real Red, Pear Pizzazz, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Dies:  Petal Cone, Flower Folds, Two Tags
Misc.:  Perfect Polka Dots EF, Pear Pizzazz seam binding ribbon, anywhere hole punch/hammer, sticky strip, dimensionals, 1/8" hole punch, linen thread, scallop punch, 1-3/8" circle punch, modern label punch

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament