Block 8 - Hampton Roads

This is not my favorite square.  It was easy to cut the pieces for the square, rather fast in fact.  The shop substituted one of the fabrics and it really would have looked better with the original fabric they had chosen.  The blue that is a shade darker on the "star" (upper right/lower left) is the same design as their original choice but it is a lighter shade of blue.  I think it needs to be darker because of the blue diagonal line going through and simply for contrast within the star. I'm going to ask when I go if I can buy a kit for this block and then I'll substitute it with my own fabric (if I have any of the original fabric they chose).  I need to check my stash before I go buying it.

post signature

Pin It

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament