Watercolor Bokeh Technique

I've been wanting to try the bokeh technique since I saw a card using it.  I also wanted to use the Lotus Blossom set.  When I think of lotus blossoms, I think of McKee Gardens in Florida.  They had several ponds with lily pads and lotus blossoms.  I always thought that lotus blossoms sat low to the water but they can and do actually pop up on a stem above the water.  I wanted to use lotus colors, but also the colors in the pond.  Bokeh was a perfect way to go.

Stamps:  Lotus Blossom, Sassy Salutations
CS:  WW, Watercolor, Coastal Cabana, Mossy Meadow, Lost Lagoon
Ink:  Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Primrose Petals, Strawberry Slush, Blushing Bride, White
Re-inkers:  Mossy Meadow, Coastal Cabana, Lost Lagoon
Misc.:  Lost Lagoon Stitched Satin Ribbon

This next card is essentially a CASE from Mary Brown, just different colors.
Stamps:  Best Day Ever
CS:  WW, Watercolor, Tangerine Tango, Island Indigo, Pool Party
Ink:  White
Re-inkers & Markers:  Tangerine Tango, Island Indigo, Pool Party
Misc.:  Ribbons & buttons from Sycamore Street

I have one more background I made but haven't stamped a greeting on yet.  It is the same colors used in the tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.  If you haven't tried this yet, it is easy, messy and fun to watch the colors spread.  I found on one I shouldn't get the paper too wet.
post signature

Pin It

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament