Daisy Quilt & Garden

We got our son off on his mission earlier this month.  It has been pretty quiet around here.  I've had some cleaning/organizing projects and I've spent a lot of time on genealogy.  I pulled out this Revolution quilt that I had started in Florida.  I had already sewn all of the panels together I just needed the sashing and the border and it would be done.  Now I have a completed top and I've started another quilt that is queen size.  I've finished 12 blocks, just need to finish off the quilt.  What am I waiting for?  I bought the batting for the above quilt and will prepare for quilting after the girls are in school.  I would like to finish off the other quilt I started so I can prepare them both for quilting at the same time but I may regret that idea if I do it.

This is our little garden.  We have 12 tomato plants, some zucchini, cucumber and pepper.  I did plant green beans but either the rabbit or the woodchuck got to them.  We put a fence up around 3/4 of the garden after that.  I recently learned that if you want to keep woodchucks out of a certain area, all you need is a pail of water, 1C of vinegar and 1C of Dawn.  Equal portions of the vinegar and Dawn and it has to be Dawn, not Palmolive, Joy, etc.  Anyway, combine that and pour it around the area you want to keep them out of every 6 weeks.  I'm told it works like a charm.  The lady at the farm said she had put down some white stones as a border so she was doing the same area every time.  Glad to know of something that works.

post signature

Pin It

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament