Winter Woods

Those that know me know I love glitter.  When I saw this card, I knew I wanted to make it.  My goal is to make 4-6 cards several times a week so that I have enough Christmas cards by the time I'm ready to mail them.  I'm up to 47 cards made so far.  Yay!!
JanB of the UK posted a video on how to make this card.  She used an oval for shape layered on a green scallop oval for the sentiment.  It was late and I wanted to go to bed.  I opted for a punch and sponged on green. I like her way, but I'm fine with what I did too.

The background trees are stamped in Sahara Sand.  I stamped once on the paper and then stamped again, higher and to the left a smidge and repeated to get the line of trees.  I stamped off for the bottom trees, which the picture doesn't really pick up.

The green trees were stamped with Garden Green ink.  The top picture shows the marking with a white pen on the tree.  My gelly pen dried up.  I used the chalk pen, which didn't give as fine of a line but worked.

Adhere a piece of torn WW cardstock for the snow on the bottom and then attach a piece of the adhesive sheet that is the same measurement of the inner layer and sprinkle with dazzling diamonds.  I used the backing of the adhesive sheet to lay on the glitter and went over it with the bone folder to push the glitter into the paper and have less falling off later when it is received by the recipient.

Stamps: Winter Woods
Ink: Garden Green, Sahara Sand
CS:  WW, Garden Green
Misc.: Adhesive Sheet, Dazzling Diamonds, punch, dimensionals

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament