Orange Sticky Rolls . . . FIRE!!

I had some buttermilk left over from another recipe and I didn't want to waste it so I pulled out a recipe I've been wanting to try. First off, let me say that they taste really good. I was pleased that it wasn't a yeast roll needing time to rise.

What went wrong with the recipe? I did a lot of things wrong. I started preparing it and I realized that the twins had a dentist appt. and I was down the wire time-wise. The glaze cools so it can harden and not be a lot of liquid absorbing into the biscuits, preventing it from being dough-y. When I was putting the rolls into the pan one stuck and I ended up breaking the skin so the liquid was flowing again. When I went to put the pan in the oven I discovered that I never turned it on. Now I'm in a pickle. It couldn't wait for my return and my son had never taken anything from the oven. Since I hadn't made these before, I didn't know how much liquid there would be when they were turned and I didn't want him to burn himself. Lucky for me my husband agreed to come home to get them out and wait 5 minutes to flip them. A few minutes before he came home, there was a small fire in the oven. The juice overflowed into the flame. After I left, what was on the foil had caught fire. We were still 5 minutes late for the appointment but I'm so thankful I didn't leave before my husband came home. The kitchen had a lot of smoke from it and the house ended up smelling. Today all is good and we have been enjoying the rolls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament