The Good Thief

This was an interesting book for me. It held my attention within the first couple of pages of reading and I read through it rather quickly. I enjoyed the story but I can't say I would recommend reading it. What do you make of that?

Ren is a boy that is adopted from an orphanage and is missing a hand. Of course, he would like to know how his hand came to be missing and by the end of the book that mystery is solved. The man that adopted him earns a living a dubious ways. The characters in the book are typical of others, you know them well. The book is good to pass time with but falls short in other ways. Perhaps my expectations were too high from the reviews that I read but I believe they set you up for disappointment.

I can't say you will walk away with anything from the book other than an enjoyable read

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament