Just a Blog Hop

Welcome to Just a Blog Hop. We were invited to put aside all of our stamping oriented obligations and deadlines and create something just for fun. The hop guidelines were simple: choose a challenge to play and choose either a new uninked stamp or an old favorite. Create a card and mail it to someone. What could be better to celebrate World Card Making Day?

I started with challenge (TESC130) from Taylor at Taylored Expressions. It was a fun sketch to work with and I got to use my Balmy Breezes set. While some of you are experiencing cooler weather and perhaps leaves starting to change, we are still in the upper 80's/low 90's. Thankfully not as hot as some have had it lately. The nights are starting to get cooler. My kids notice this as they leave in the morning. One of my girls asked if this is what fall is here. This is our second fall in Florida and they have forgotten last year with the busyness of moving.
I looked on Split Coast Stampers (SCS) to see what challenges have been offered there recently. This first card filled two challenges, the color challenge (CC290) and the Clean and Simple Challenge (CAS86). The Cottage Rose stamp set has always been one of my favorites. I have to say that gray leaves are not a bad thing. Why do I always have to have green leaves when I stamp?
I pulled out Garden Pleasures for this next card for the Sketch Challenge (SC300). That is amazing that they have offered that many sketch challenges, that is about 6 years now. Wow! I stamped the birdhouse on a paint sample from my favorite Hardware store. It went well with the Bravo Burgundy Paper. I used my Copper EP, it has been a long time since I used that color. I don't use my embossing powders enough.
If you came from Emily Gunnell's blog, you are on the right track. The next stop on the hop is Monika Davis. To start at the beginning, go to Jami Sibley's blog.

Happy World Card Making Day

post signature

Comments

  1. Oooh...that palm tree card is making me miss California! Love the relaxing green/blue combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A triple treat, each one as wonderful as the last! I think my favorite might be that tropical tree, though... makes me want to be at the beach. But that rose is pretty awesome, too. They're all great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing. Happy World Card Making Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first card is dreamy!! Love the colors!! Super trio of cards!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament