Gift Cards Galore

I had the opportunity to host a swap for VC Rocks this summer.  My swap was gift card holders.  I was excited to get some ideas hosting this swap.  I'm known to buy a gift card and toss it inside the card, put it in the envelope, seal it and call it good.  This top holder is one of my favorites from the swap.  

Anita Watson started with a base of a full-sized card (4-1/4x5-1/2).  In the center upper half of the right side on top, she used a circle punch, cutting half of a circle.  She then folded the top part of the card in half.  You can see that there is a flap in the picture where the Calypso Coral CS is.  This is where the gift card is held.  The 1/2 circle punch makes for easy access to the gift card.

Beverly Williams made this gift card holder.  The Summer Sun CS slides out and holds the gift card.
Sue-Lynn Bock showed a creative way to use the petal punch!
Diane Villegas has a fun angle on gift card giving.  This is a 4 x 10-1/8" rectangle.  She scored diagonally from one corner to the other, folding it on that line and then folding it in half.  Pretty nifty.
Elizabeth Kratzer made this little paper purse with 6x6 DSP from France Martin on Youtube.  So cute!
Elsie Goosey  I have to tell you I got to peak at another one of Elsie's swaps by accident.  It looked to be a business card holder.  I wish I took a picture because I would have CASEd that for sure.  I tried to pass it off for this swap, but no go.  I had to send it on to the right hostess.
Jamie Adcock created this gift card holder.  It is one of my favorite paper collections - Bella Rose.  I was sad when that retired.  Another great thing about swaps is to see embellishments you may not have purchased yet.  
There is something about Leanna Kerr's holder that strikes me as vintage.  I love this ribbon.  I've held off on buying ribbon because I have so much.  I always wonder how I can have so much and yet it isn't right for the project I'm working on.
Loni Holt created this with a gift card box tutorial by Katie Adams, The Crafty Blog Stalker on YouTube.  I used an elastic to hold it closed so I could snap a picture.  Of the 3 I took, the one with the rubber band was the best.  
I LOVE this masculine gift card holder by Shannon Miramontes.  
This was the first swap I received in the mail.  I was explaining to one of my daughters why I was glad to be hosting this swap.  I opened the envelope to find a sparkly punched heart on a straw.  I'm not a coffee drinker, but I have been known to give a gift card to Starbucks.  How perfect is this?!
post signature

 Pin It

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament