The Bright Side of Disaster


I picked this book up at Costco for a quick read. I could relate to several aspects of the book. The main theme of the book is being a first time mother. I loved as she would remind other adults to look both ways when they crossed the street with her baby. I identified with the frustration of breast feeding, not having time for a shower, holding the child all the time, grabbing quick food to eat instead of a meal. The book also is about relationships with family, friends and romance. I couldn't really identify with the family end because we haven't really been around family being military when we have kids. I could relate to the friends because sometimes as we move on to a new phase and a friend doesn't the ties break for a while only to be renewed at later time. I like the way she wrote of the interest in her ex-boyfriend and her neighbor. By the time I neared the end of the book, I thought all was lost but within the last two pages everything is right with the world.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple with Caramel Cream Cheese Dip

Black Magic

Christmas Card Swap