Bulgogi

A friend recently gave me this recipe and I love it. I made it to take to a friend and her husband so she wouldn't have to cook while she adjusts to life with a newborn. I like recipes where you mix it ahead of time and then all you have to do is cook it when it is time and this is one of those recipes. The recipe says to have it marinate for at least 12 hours - it is better if it marinates for 24 hours or more.

Bulgogi

1 (16 oz.) tenderloin, thinly sliced
1 sm. green pepper, sliced
1 med. onion, chopped
2 garlic gloves, minced
1/2t black pepper
2 med. carrots, sliced
3T sesame oil
2T toasted sesame seeds
1/2C soy sauce (I use low-sodium)
1/4C beer (I use apple juice)
salt to taste
2T brown sugar
2T sherry

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl; marinate for at least 12 hours. Cook in a large skillet over medium heat until meat and vegetables are tender. Serve over rice.

*Note - I use cornstarch to thicken the sauce. I like Basmati rice with this dish.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament