Peach Bread


I was at a friends house recently and she had oodles of peaches and gave me 3 bags of peaches to do something with. Time wasn't on my side to make freezer jam like I had hoped. Church needs kept me crazy busy for most of the week. I found a recipe for bread and for muffins. The kids really liked the bread, so when I was at the commissary, I picked up more peaches. As I was cleaning off the counters last night I noted they weren't going to make it much longer so I made a couple more loaves of the bread. The bread seems like more of a spice bread to me because you can't taste the peaches at all. They are visible but they don't seem to really add anything to the bread. Still, another loaf is gone. I froze the other one for a later time.

Peach Bread

2/3C butter or margarine softened
2C sugar
4 eggs
1/3C water
1/3C oil
2t vanilla
1/4t almond extract
2C peeled sliced peaches
3-1/3C flour
2t cinnamon
2t baking soda
1t salt
1/2t baking powder
1C chopped pecans

Topping:
4T chopped pecans
4T brown sugar
1/2t nutmeg

Cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in water, oil and extracts. Stir in peaches. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in pecans. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pans. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament