Owl Nugget Holder

I caved!  I have avoided owls for the past couple of years as they became popular.  They make me think of the 70's when they were over-done in home decorating.  My mother even had a macrame owl that she made that hung on a door.  I happened across this blog entry and thought it was pretty darn cute and had to make it.  I really like theirs with the glitter but I didn't want the glitter all over the kids when they get them so I stuck with the gold paper.

I didn't use their template, or even look at it for that matter.  I like to try to make things on my own from a picture.  It may be easier to use what they have.  What I did was cut a strip of black cardstock 1-1/2" x 7-1/4", scored at 2-1/2, 3-1/2, and 6 inches.  I used the scallop punch for the feathers and cut it to 3/4" and rolled it on a marker to make them stick out a little.  The eyes I used a 1", 3/4" and 1/2" punch.  The center piece is 2 x 1-1/2.  I marked it in the center and didn't do  a straight cut.  I curved it slightly for the eyes.  

This holds 2 nuggets.

CS:  black & gold
Punches:  scallop border, circle: 1", 3/4" & 1/2"
post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament