I bought a package of these pens when they first came out. I tried it once and didn't find that it worked very well. I gave them to my husband and suggested he take them to work. He took one pen and the other two have been sitting in the laundry room for over a year. I was eating some cherries and some juice dripped on my shirt. I have a dinner group tonight and I want to wear the shirt I have on. I got out the pen and gave it another shot. It worked. I'm so surprised. I can't help but wonder why it didn't the first time around.

I'm taking cashew chicken to the dinner tonight.

Cashew Chicken

1T sesame oil

1/4C rice vinegar

1/4C cooking sherry or apple juice

1t garlic powder

1-1/2 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken, cubed

3T cooking oil

3C broccoli florets

1C thinly sliced carrots

2t cornstarch

1/3C soy sauce

1/3C hoisin sauce

1T ground ginger

1C roasted salted cashews

Cooked rice

In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients; add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Remove chicken from marinade and reserve marinade. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet. Stir-fry chicken for 2-3 minutes or until it is no longer pink. With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and set aside. In the same skillet, stir-fry broccoli and carrots for 3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Combine cornstarch, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger and reserved marinade; stir into vegetables. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and heated through. Stir in cashews and chicken; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament