Banquet and a recipe



So after 4 years, I finally made it to a banquet. I believe a chose not to go the first year, the second year I was sick, the third year he didn't bother to buy me a ticket and this year, although I didn't have much of a voice due to allergies, I made it. I ended up missing most of the main speaker's talk due to a hack fest.

I felt so bad for one of the guys. When they were presented their award, they shook hands with the General, had a photo taken and then had to switch hands with the trophy so they could salute the General. His trophy went flying and one of the wings broke off of the eagle. He handled it well but I can imagine the ribbing he will get now.

Last week I tried a new recipe. Although I've made it twice now I have yet to take a picture. Envision corn with a white dressing and bacon crumbled on top. I learned a couple of things about this recipe. It is best to partially thaw it if it is going to be a while before you have it. I left it frozen the second time and 4 hours later, it was beyond cold. Still good but it didn't thaw enough really. Also found it to be good as a dip with tortilla chips.

Corn & Jalapeno Salad

2 lbs. frozen corn, partially thawed
6-8 slices bacon, crispy and crumbled
2-3 cloves garlic, minced (more if you are into garlic)
2-3 jalapeno peppers, chopped
2-3 green onions, chopped
1 can chopped olives (optional)
1C Colby/Jack cheese, shredded
Ranch dressing

Combine the chopped vegetables with the corn. Stir in enough dressing to coat the vegetables well (about half a bottle). Stir in cheese. Put crumbled bacon on top. If you are going to serve immediately, thaw corn completely.


post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament