Graduation Party Invites



So it has been pure chaos around here with all of the school functions going on. I feel bad that I'm not helping out with the book fair this week but I'm tied up with the science fair. Truth be told, I like the science fair a lot more. Tomorrow is the judging. We have live animals at the school now. One of the 6th graders brought in an incubator and I hear there was a chick or two hatching. Another 6th grader brought in a rat for their project. I didn't have time today to look at them but I'm hoping after they've been judged I'll have the calculations done and can walk around and look at them all.

I have a friend graduating from college next month. A couple of other friends are organizing the party for her. One called me and asked me to help print the invites. No problem. I got everything typed up, a couple of choices for fonts, etc. I ran it by her before printing them to be sure I had all the details that she wanted on them. I came home and opened the box to start printing. The invites were postcard size, minus a 1" eyelet border. That wouldn't work. I ended up using cardstock and punching the bottom. Too boring with a plain white front. Our friend likes peonies. In fact, that is what we are getting her - a peony in a decorative pot ($135). I stamped the front with Pretty Peony stamp and went real simple because I had an hour and half to get 40 invites done. They are simple but they are pretty and her style.

Stamps: Pretty Peony, Wonderful Words

CS: WW

Ink: Lavender Lace, Mellow Moss

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament