Pies - Part 1

So, in my last post I mentioned there was a talent show at church. My oldest daughter chose to do a magic trick. I thought that was interesting choice because it isn't something she expresses a whole lot of interest in but she does like to put on a show.

I already mentioned that I was impressed that one of the girls came up with math. I thought she would choose something like piano but definitely a good choice for her.

Last, but not least, is my little sidekick. She is always in the kitchen with me when I'm making something. Usually she will help, sometimes she needs to watch due to what I'm doing or time. I asked her what she was going to make. Strawberry pie. Perfect! How easy can it be? She has helped make 2 of these pies in the last couple of weeks. A quick run to the store from some frozen pie crust, strawberries and Jello and we are good to go.

Strawberry Pie

1C sugar
3T cornstarch
1C water
3T strawberry Jello
2 qts. strawberries, stemmed and halved
1 - 9" pie shell, baked

Mix the sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan; stir constantly, cooking until thickened. Remove from heat, stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour over strawberry halves; mix well. Pour into shell; refrigerate until set. Top with whipped cream or topping. 6-8 Servings.


post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament