BLT Macaroni Salad

The picture doesn't do this salad justice. It is a rockin' salad. My family has liked it for about 10 years. I took it to a BBQ yesterday and it was loved. I had comments even at the end and the host commented that what comes into the home stays. LOL. Guess I should have shared this one sooner.

BLT Macaroni Salad

2C elbow macaroni

5 green onions

1 lg tomato, diced (I seed mine)

1-1/4C diced celery

1-1/4C mayonnaise

5t white vinegar

1/4t salt

1/8 - 1/4t pepper

1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled (I use 3/4 lb.)

Cook macaroni; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, green onions, tomato and celery. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Just before serving add bacon.

I know a lot of people like the Poisonwood Bible, I'm not one of them. I did like how it was written in that you saw through the eyes of each family member what they thought and how they felt. For me, it took several hundred pages before it was remotely good and I was enjoying it. It could have ended or been wrapped up with a hundred pages less and I would have been good with that. Perhaps I would have wanted all the extra info, some repeated several times, if I enjoyed it and was wrapped up in the characters, but I wasn't. One thing you pull from the book is that if you are fanatical about something, it not only hurts you but those around you.

I'll be back tomorrow with something from the weekend. I managed to fit in quite a bit of stamping this weekend.

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament