Piles and piles

This card is one that I have kept for 6 or more years. It reminds me that simple is nice too and things don't always have to be over-embellished to be nice. Don't get me wrong, I love my layers and bling but I also love the simplicity of this card that I have yet to achieve.

I didn't stamp yesterday and I don't see it on today's agenda. Tomorrow, however, I will be getting my box from Mr. Brown and will be playing and checking out the new catalog.

What I have been doing is going through my stamps. Usually when the new catalog comes out, I go through them and decide what I want to keep and give the rest away. This year it is double the work because we were in the middle of a cross-country move when the new catalog came out last year. I currently have over 100 sets that I'm not keeping and I still have 3 more shelves to unload and sort through from my "office". I discovered that my oldest set dates back to 1997. It was a Christmas set that I bought in 1999 and then it was retired in 2000.

Unmounted sets I'm getting rid of.

Partially mounted or mounted that I'm getting rid of.

What I'm keeping so far. I still have 3 more shelves of stamps to go through.

I'm going to sort through the table sets again before putting them away. I'm sure I will come across more that I can part with. I'm trying to be reasonable. In looking at the picture I see an unmounted set that I'm wondering why I wanted to keep it.

Tomorrow I'm going to post a few digital pages of the kids. I'm still working on my book at Shutterfly and hoping to finish it over the weekend so I can have it printed. So much to do on it still. Friday I'll be back with some stamping.

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament