Exact Copy and BLT Strudel

The swaps I participated in May are starting to come in. The hostess had commented that next time people should tell what they are making because there were some duplicates. Funny thing is, one of the duplicates I got back was one of the ones I could have made and considered, however, I went with Inspired by Nature for my swap card.

I'm not posting all 10 cards because 2 were duplicates (and just as nice).

by Shari Dudek, p. 44
by Linda Kilsdonk, p. 61
by Susan Bock, p. 62
by Elizabeth Kratzer, p. 67
by Jeanie Carter, p. 110
by Kimber Dunn, p. 125
by Tina Taves, p. 139
by Christine Calabretta, p. 197
We had company Friday night and I made Cobb salad for dinner. It has been so hot and humid here lately I didn't want to be in the kitchen cooking. I grilled the chicken for it in the afternoon because we are in the cycle of having thunderstorms every afternoon. I'm happy for the rain because our pond is filling up again.

One of my girls suggested Mississippi Mud Cake for dessert. I wasn't sure that I wanted something so rich for the dessert and started to look through a Paula Deen magazine that had just come in the mail. When I saw the BLT Strudel, I thought it would go well with the salad and it looked so yummy I wanted to try it. It was delicious! I had to take a picture toward the end of dinner to share.
BLT Strudel

12 large eggs, divided
1/2C mayonnaise
1 lb. bacon, chopped
1 (6 oz.) pkg. fresh baby spinach
3 cloves garlic, minced
1C shredded Swiss cheese
1C seeded and chopped tomatoe
1/4t salt
1 (17.3 oz.) pkg. frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed

In a large bowl, whisk together 11 eggs and mayonnaise until smooth, set aside.

In a large skillet, cook bacon and drain on paper towels reserving 1T bacon drippings in skillet; heat over medium heat. Add spinach and garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until spinach is wilted. Add egg mixture, and cook until eggs are set but not dry, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese, tomato, salt, and bacon. Spoon mixture into a medium bowl; cover and chill for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 sheet of puff pastry into a 12x10-inch rectangle. Spoon half of egg mixture down center of pastry, leaving a 3-inch margin on sides and a 1-inch margin on top and bottom. Cut pastry on side margins into 1-inch strips. Crisscross strips over filling. Carefully transfer strudel to one side of prepared baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining pastry and egg mixture.

In a small bowl, whisk remaining egg until smooth. Brush egg evenly over strudels. Bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Cut into slices to serve.

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament