CASE and Apple Muffins

I planned to spend some time this weekend CASE-ing cards that I've saved over the last little bit. I didn't do any stamping at all. I worked on different projects, we went to a BBQ and it was just another typical weekend around here carting the kids to be with the their friends. Mary posted this card yesterday for a clean & simple sketch challenge. As soon as I saw it, I wrote her to say it was awesome and I would be making it. I know I've told you before, but she is one of those people that you know whatever she makes, it is going to be good.

Go to her blog for the directions on this card. She even gives measurements. Super easy if you have the punch and if you don't, it isn't bad. I didn't have the right size square punch so I ended up using a knife to cut out the squares. I bought a square punch once and wondered why. It is pretty easy to cut a square with a paper cutter. For the first time, I can see a need for a square punch.

Now for the muffins . . .I came across this recipe about 6+ years ago. I don't make them often (usually because I don't buy muffin mix) but when I do, my family is happy. They are incredibly easy to make because you are using a mix. I usually double this recipe because we are a family of 6 and everyone usually has 2. Sometimes their second gets saved for later, sometimes they inhale both right then. These are very sweet, more like a dessert in my opinion. Sometimes I just make it with the streusel on top and other times I will add the glaze. Even though I double the recipe, I make the glaze for a single recipe because I end up throwing half of it away if I double it.

Apple Streusel Muffins

1 pkg. (6.5 oz.) apple cinnamon muffin mix
1 lg. tart apple, peeled and diced
1/3C chopped walnuts
3T brown sugar
4-1/2t flour
1T butter or margarine melted.

Glaze:
3/4C powdered sugar
1/2t vanilla
1 to 2 T milk

Mix up muffin mix according to package directions; fold in apple. Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full. In a small bowl combine the walnuts, brown sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over batter.

Bake at 400 for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins.
post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

Christmas Tree

White Christmas Ornament